ABOUT THE PROJECT
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), have a big role and potential in combatting youth unemployment by providing development and employment opportunities, such as offering apprenticeships. SMEs however often lack information, resources and/or experience in providing high quality apprenticeships. “EU Talent” – Business in Europe Hosting Apprenticeships for Youth is a two year European Commission funded project which aims to create support structures in the form of European & national learning networks to support SMEs provide more and better quality apprenticeships.
At Italian level, the project will reach SMEs on three different levels:
- 10.000 SMEs through online communication campaign;
- 100 SMEs through series of thematic webinars and meetings as well as sharing of best practices;
- 20 through to improve the quality of their apprenticeships through quality benchmarking and tailored support.
WHY ENGAGE IN APPRENTICESHIPS?
- Apprenticeships allow the business to secure a supply of people with the specific skills and qualities that the business requires and that may not be available on the external job market;
- Hiring apprenticeships is more cost-effective than recruiting skilled workers from the external labour market;
- Apprenticeship schemes can result in an enhanced reputation for the business both within the industry and in the local community.
ENGAGE IN THE PROJECT IN ORDER TO:
- Learn about the business case for hosting apprentices;
- Take part in a series of thematic webinars to exchange ideas and to learn from peers;
- Learn how to improve internal processes to make apprenticeships in your company a quality experience;
- Gain visibility by being an apprenticeship ambassador or by featuring on CSR;
- Be part of policy dialogue at national and EU level.
The project covers 12 countries in Europe, it is coordinated by CSR Europe and is supported by two additional partners: The European Vocational Training Association (EVTA) and EUROCHAMBRES.
In Italy the project is promote by Impronta Etica and Sodalitas.
For more information:
+39 051 31 60 311