ABOUT THE PROJECT
Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), have a big role and potential in combatting youth unemployment by providing development and employment opportunities, such as offering apprenticeships. SMEs however often lack information, resources and/or experience in providing high quality apprenticeships. “EU Talent” – Business in Europe Hosting Apprenticeships for Youth is a two year European Commission funded project which aims to create support structures in the form of European & national learning networks to support SMEs provide more and better quality apprenticeships.
At Italian level, the project will reach SMEs on three different levels:
- 10.000 SMEs through online communication campaign;
- 100 SMEs through series of thematic webinars and meetings as well as sharing of best practices;
- 20 through to improve the quality of their apprenticeships through quality benchmarking and tailored support.
WHY ENGAGE IN APPRENTICESHIPS?
- Apprenticeships allow the business to secure a supply of people with the specific skills and qualities that the business requires and that may not be available on the external job market;
- Hiring apprenticeships is more cost-effective than recruiting skilled workers from the external labour market;
- Apprenticeship schemes can result in an enhanced reputation for the business both within the industry and in the local community.
The project covers 12 countries in Europe, it is coordinated by CSR Europe and is supported by two additional partners: The European Vocational Training Association (EVTA) and EUROCHAMBRES.
In Italy the project is promote by Impronta Etica and Sodalitas.
For more information:
+39 051 31 60 311